Here’s Episode V of 10 Things You Should Know; I wrote this instalment at Delhi airport, waiting for my flight to Jaipur.
- What do you call an older man having a much younger girlfriend? Cradle-snatcher.
- The motto of the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) is ‘Nation shall speak peace unto nation’.
- John Lennon, one of the greatest song writers
and member of the Beatles, used the pseudonym ‘Kaptain Kundalini’ in his
musical works. I suggest you listen to John Lennon’s Imagine; it is
- The small enclosed area used in the sport of
Cock-fighting called Cockpit.
is the venture capital arm of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA).
- Jesus Wept is the shortest verse in
the Bible. In tennis, Jesus Wept refers
to mini tennis skirts.
- Marilyn Monroe was the first pin-up in Playboy magazine, launched by Hugh Hefner in 1953.
- When Netaji Subhash Bose reorganised the Indian National Army (INA), he placed his soldiers under three commands: Gandhi, Nehru and Maulana Azad.
- Barbecue, a type of cooking, is named after a Spanish word meaning ‘framework of sticks’.
- It is general practice, especially among the religious Christians, to polish or wipe apples before eating. Do you know why? To wipe away the devil’s finger-marks on the skin, to avoid misfortune. This originates from the belief that Satan gave Eve an apple to eat.