This is my first blog post after more than a month! I was away doing nothing and more!
In the past, I used to run a series titled '10 Things You Should Know'. I am resuming the series with this entry, albeit with an undecided number of items; however, it will continue to be labelled '10 Things'.
- Vodafone, the world's largest mobile phone operator by revenue, was founded as Racal Communications. Vodafone was chosen to stand for voice and data services carried over phone (phonetically 'fone').
- Cisco Systems takes its name from the name of the city of San Francisco. The logo of the company is the digital representation of the Golden Gate bridge, located in San Francisco.
- Ratan Tata holds a Bachelor of Science in Architecture with Structural Engineering from the prestigious Cornell University (1962). In 1974-75, he pursued the Advanced Management Program (AMP) from the Harvard Business School. He is a recipient of the Padma Vibhushan, India's second highest civilian award.
- Australian William Ramsay founded and named the show polish brand, Kiwi, because his wife was from New Zealand. As you know, kiwi is the demonym for New Zealanders.
- Unilever is the world's largest maker of ice-creams. It owns brands like 'Kwality Wall's', Ben & Jerry's, Heartbrand, Breyers, and a few more brand listed in the photo featured here.